TALKING ABOUT CRAFTS: MAX AND GIO OF LA CALZOLERIA TELL ABOUT THEMSELVESEfesti
Max and Gio express their creativity in an environment that they compare to a “workshop-house”. Here they turn people’s dreams into reality: they realize unique and customized footwear which are able to distinguish their costumers from the crowd.
Efesti interviewed for you Max and Gio of La Calzoleria: seven answers to seven questions to talk about craft and themselves.
– Where, when, why. Tell us about your first steps into the world of crafts and the reasons that induced you to work with your hands.
The craftsmen of Bologna gave us the knowledge and passion for the crafts and, in particular, to the world of the shoe. This made possible the beginning of our adventure. It was from one of these shoemakers that we learned all the phases of production … we followed him until we have completed the cycle of the shoe and only after that we were ready to open our laboratory.
– What is the philosophy of the brand? What values would you like to communicate through your products?
Our main goal is to convey the craft to people who have never approached this world and demonstrating to them that made in Italy still exists by means of our creations. We believe that the made in Italy is the future because many times you have to go back to the origin to move forward. We also believe that many people are looking for unique and personalized items to distinguish them from the crowd.
– A place with its own traditions and its authenticity can affect the development of an artifact. How much has the place where you create the bicucles influenced your production?
Our laboratory and the place in which it is located is very characteristic and therefore allows us to work in a peaceful environment and for its atmosphere can be compared to a “workshop-house”. It is an environment that provides therefore a great expression of creativity.
– Being a craftsman in the twenty-first century: what have you recovered from the past? What have you innovate
We introduced the use of certain materials that are not used in the past, as well as special or softer tannings. Let’s always looking for innovative materials to create footwear that have not yet seen.
– Uniqueness at all costs: are the unique and limited products synonymous of quality? If so, why?
Unique piece is synonymous of quality because each piece is individually made from the hands of a craftsman so it is not repeatable. The handmade means that each time that there is the creation of a product there is even a slight difference in the visual or production level thus making all original.
– Is there a word, a concept, a metaphor that can represent your business and your work also to enclose the meaning?
We believe in the words “unique” and “unrepeatable” because we want to turn the dream of a person.
Continues the quote “the craft is..”
The craft is the future !