TALKING ABOUT CRAFTS: FRANCESCO OF NIGHT CREATED DESIGN TELLS ABOUT HIMSELFEfesti
Francesco Rossi from Night Created Design unites styles from different epoques: antique objects from the countryside are brought to life bonding with the iron. The creation of the unique pieces is articulated by the slow rhythm of the tranquility in order to give them maximum quality.
Efesti interviewed for you Francesco Rossi from Night Created Design: six responces to six questions about the craftsmanship and himself.
– Where, when, why. Tell us about your first steps into the world of crafts and the reasons that induced you to work with your hands.
My insertion in the world of the crafts was quite fast and unavoidable since my family has been working with wrought iron for four generations now. I’ve been raised in my father’s workshop and once I finished my studies I soon replaced my father in the workshop. In the time being the passion has been continuously growing and I improved and unloaded my creativity by building what later has become my main work and my current brand.
– What is the philosophy of the brand? What values would you like to communicate through your products?
My collections consist of unique pieces so the products could be reproduced, but not in series. The most distinguishing characteristics of every piece are its uniqueness and the fact that they’re made of iron structures that carry the recovered objects. I want to endorse the value of the materials from my region by giving them a second life.
– A place with its own traditions and its authenticity can affect the development of an artifact. How much has the place where you create the bicucles influenced your production?
At least 50% of the characteristics of the created objects are given by the rocovered objects therefore by the place where I work.
– Being a craftsman in the twenty-first century: what have you recovered from the past? What have you innovate?
I recovered all that there is from my family traditions therefore from the world of the crafts and I believe I’ve added myself a touch of modernity.
– Uniqueness at all costs: are the unique and limited products synonymous of quality? If so, why?
– Is there a word, a concept, a metaphor that can represent your business and your work also to enclose the meaning?
My moto is a frase that appears in the letter N: “Slowly created unique pieces”. The fact that I can work slowly on one piece only with great calm and serenity becomes a synonym of quality and accuracy of the finnishing. I enjoy not so much working on a numerical level throughout the year, but searching for a certain quality to offer to out client.